Mid Kiln Valves
AFS Mid kiln valves are designed to introduce Whole Tires or Bulk Fuel ~ midway along the length of a rotating kiln. At this point, temperatures are high enough and residence times long enough to ensure complete combustion of the fuel. Fuel injection occurs once every kiln rotation.
- AFS standard Mid Kiln Valves have the following features to provide years of reliable service with little maintenance:
- A fuel staging chute above the kiln for release of fuel into a mid kiln valve. A chute capacity of ~ 40 cubic feet (eight tires).
- An actuator cam, typically mounted above the kiln, to open the Mid kiln valve at the proper position.
- A fuel chute on the Mid Kiln valve
- A Pivot-type bottom gate on the Mid Kiln valve made of a high temperature alloy supported with two high temperature graphite pillow block bearings
- Fuel injection tube inside the kiln made of a high temperature alloy rated for 1100° C in high sulfur gas conditions.